Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Discoving the Climate Change Solution

I was reading the "nondual" teachings of Adyashanti's Falling Into Grace, and the ideas about one's life mission and prayer resonated with my experience about discovering the solution to climate change. (Nondual is the idea that the universe and all its multiplicity are ultimately expressions of one essential unity. I regret that I barley even mentioned "nondual" as the essence of unity in my book UNITY!) 

One night in 2012, between long bare-foot trail-running on Vermont's Long Trail, I was laying down underneath the stars. The running itself helps me enter into a trance, an altered state of consciousness that enables my consciousness to be receptive to flashes of inspiration, ecstasy, and transcendence. After a long day of this, in a state of exhaustion, my mind was going a million-miles a minute about what to do about climate change. 

Gazing at the stars, I was trying to embrace a larger perspective and expand my capacity to contribute to the ideas about the sustainability revolution. I was racking my brain about how to bring about harmony and balance to Earth.  

I realized how it's necessary to synthesize and integrate the climate science with "weather shamanism" to bring forth harmony and balance for the social-environmental catastrophe.  

As I deepened my meditation practice, I experienced a rapid unfolding of awareness about the nature of reality, profound interconnectedness, and the application of spirituality to climate change. I experienced what Adyashanti expresses:
Bring forward your mission in life. Discover your true autonomy. It's a flowering of existence. Live out that unique expression of oneness—it's transformative.

The more aware we become, often the more capable we are of having life hand us bigger and bigger situations as our capacity to accept and embody our spiritual essence grows. Life responds to that growth and in many ways it tends to demand more and more from us.

Spiritual freedom isn't freedom from life; it's freedom to live life and the capacity to allow spirit to flow out into the world.
It sometimes feels strange to write about spirit and spirituality-and it's especially strange to talk, write, or think about the concept of God. I was not raised religious or spiritual and I only embraced a spiritual perspective in the few couple years.  I'm still not completely comfortable with it, although I know it's truth from direct experience in a way that's indescribable.

This was the night that I prayed. This was the first time that I've ever sincerely prayed: "Give me the awareness for me to help solve the climate change crisis. Give me whatever is necessary."  

Adyashanti writes, 
"true prayer is very powerful. It's when you open yourself to the entire universe from a place of not knowing and not expecting anything. It's about opening our consciousness and ourselves to the flow of truth, the flow of clarity. It's when we realize our true spiritual essence which manifests as everything we see. It's when we're committed to genuine transformation."
This was the night that I had a profound realization about the evolution of human capacities, capacities that many people don't even know about. As humans pursue our path of growth and development, we can psychoactively activate our higher capacities and expand our possibilities. It's an extraordinary development, where humans awaken these capacities. It's a quantum leap. It's the evolutionary edge and it's incredibly significant. It's the unfolding of a new era, a new age, a new horizon. 

I later discovered that Ken Wilber calls it Superhuman, and Dr. Radin calls it Supernormal, which is based on what Yogis call supernatural abilities. The solution to climate change involves encouraging, training, and coordinating groups of people who have awakened their supernormal and superhuman capacities; people who are at the leading edge of culture and humanity. These are the people who can bring forth what is needed in the world.

I'm now working on expressing this insight in an effective way. The world is yearning for a transformational evolution in sustainability, consciousness, energy, and leadership for dealing with the climate change problem and the numerous interconnected issues. I'm grateful for all of the amazing people that have contributed to my understanding and encouraged me to articulate this important idea. I'm bursting with enthusiasm to share this with the world.

It's far bigger than me and, in a way, I wish I could just hand it off to someone who's more capable and competent; I wish I didn't have this burden of awareness. I feel guilty for not being more active in sharing it with the world and accelerating its implementation. It demands that I act from the highest level of existence. I'm very grateful for the flow of spirit and clarity. I got what I wanted. But it's overwhelming and difficult to integrate into a "normal," healthy life.

The journey since my night on the Long Trail has been frustrating and challenging but I can see the implications. I can see the unfolding of the spiritual solution to climate change and it's astonishing.

No comments:

Post a Comment